Thursday, July 26, 2007

551: Family Matters

Count Mortimer recounts


Well, well. My daugher Oriana and her husband Sir Reynald of Oxford, had another daughter. Four girls now! Reynald was looking positively worried when I mentioned paying for all those wedding feasts, ha! They came by shortly after Oriana delivered to lend a hand at the tournament. Yes, I know, I still think they're poppycock, but somehow the queen talked me into it during Christmas court last year. I don't know what I was thinking, but Reynald and Elliott were superb organizers. We had for a prize a ladies litter trimmed in red samite, with four white sumpters in matching red samite caprisons. Very nice. Of course, that Sir Lancelot fellow won it and promptly turned it over to the queen, but it was a fitting prize for such a beautiful and gracious lady, if I do say so myself.

Hmm, do you know what the buzz was during the tournament at Windsor? That my lord King Arthur Pendragon has another son. Yes, yes! Unfortunately, this new son turns out to be that layabout Sir Mordred, a fact confirmed by young Lancelot. Poor Arthur! If any of my boys acted in the fashion of Mordred, I would tan their hides, arthritic knees be damned!

Sir Loholt would have made a much better king than Mordred ever will.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?